Purchasing a home is exhilarating and stressful at the same time. There's a lot to consider before letting go of your hard-earned cash. Many things must be taken into account including location, price, home size, and market value. We take the time to go over everything you need to think about before starting the process and ask you the questions you need to be thinking about so there are no surprises down the line. Here are some things we'll be discussing when we meet.
1. KNOW YOUR FINANCES AND GET PRE-APPROVED FOR A MORTGAGE
Check to see how much you have for a down payment before starting a home search. If you're thinking about getting a loan, it's imperative to get pre-approved by a lender before you start your search. You'll know how much you'll need to borrow and how much the price of your home should be. You'll have a good idea of how much your payments will be. Sellers these days won't take an offer seriously until they’re sure the buyer is approved to buy. Pre-approval arms you with knowledge and proves to the seller that you're a safe buyer to consider.
2. CONSIDER THE LOCATION AND CONDUCT RESEARCH
If you can, consider first where you wish to live. A home that is surrounded by trees, plants and a yard to play in, a home near a lake or a home in a walkable city. Take into account your work, your children's schools, market accessibility, and, of course, your community.
3. CONSIDER YOUR IDEAL HOME
It is quite possible to find your ideal home in a single day if it exists in the area you'd like to live in. Knowing what your ideal home requires necessitates a significant amount of effort and sound decision-making so imagine your dream home and make a list of the features you need, then what you'd like.
4. INSPECT THE HOME
I always advise getting a licensed home inspector to check everything about the house. The inspector will provide you with detailed information such as the age of the roof, flooring, and plumbing and the all around safety of the home. Whatever the condition of a home you're looking for, it's better to spend a few hundred dollars up front to inspect than to discover later that the house had several issues. Nobody enjoys unpleasant surprises.
5. VISUALIZE YOUR FAMILY IN THE "IDEAL HOUSE"
Can you imagine your family living in the house the moment you walk in? Do you feel at ease wandering around the house? Can you picture who will be living in each room right away? What room will your family spend the most time in together? If you find yourself smiling while envisioning all of these things, your search may have come to an end. it could be the perfect home for you.
Agora Realty will assist you in finding your ideal home by taking into account all of these factors. We're the best choice to help. Here's why:
- We have Full-time experience in the Middle Tennessee market for over two decades
- We provide a no cost, no obligation Buyer orientation over coffee or on video chat and will walk you through the purchasing process, step by step so that there are no surprises later. While getting to know you we get a better idea about you and your home needs.
- We know that if you are excited about a home that someone else may be, too, so we will get you in to see a property as soon as you are available, even if it's on your lunch break. If you are living out of town, we will visit the property and do a live video walk through for you.
- We have unrivaled negotiating skills which are required to get you a home in any market.
- We adhere to a strict code of ethics. Your needs take precedence over ours or any seller's.
- We have knowledge of Middle Tennessee neighborhoods and areas and can help with your location decision.
- Reliability: We promise to keep you up to date in real time and to respond to your calls, texts, or emails as soon as possible.
- We won't stop until you have a place to live.
- We are your 'Agents for Life" and you are welcome to contact us at any time during or after your transaction.
Watch Aly on Broker Talk
Curious about what’s happening in your neighborhood? You can create a custom market report to see what’s active, under contract, and sold in your neighborhood!
Considering selling or refinancing your home? Get an INSTANT property valuation now!